XP Accounts and Internet Access

Harry Hacker 23:17 17 Oct 06

I am using Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird and am connected via TalkTalk Broadband. Tried to set up second Email account in my wifes Limited account in XP but I cant seem to connect to the internet from her account. Can think what I am overlooking or is it not possible with these programs? Internet account settings are OK

Jackcoms 11:51 18 Oct 06

You may have answered your own question - "in my wifes Limited account".

Not that word 'limited'.

You need to ensure that her account can access the internet connection.

To do so, place a shortcut to the connection in C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Start Menu/Programs/Start Up.

Jackcoms 11:52 18 Oct 06

Oops! That should read - NOTE that word 'limited'.

Harry Hacker 12:18 18 Oct 06

Limited is my knowledge as well. I took a copied shortcut from her desktop and dropped it into the file as you listed. No change. If that was the wrong way a step by step would be appreciated, thanks.

Jackcoms 14:05 18 Oct 06

"I took a copied shortcut from her desktop"

A copied shortcut of what?

Let's look at this another way:

Have a look in C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Start Menu/Programs/Start Up and let us know what shortcuts are in there.

Then look in C:/Documents and Settings/Your User Name/Start Menu/Programs/Start Up and let us know what shortcuts are in there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…