//some 3rd party need geo

XP Account Problem

Sibbo 16:32 15 Aug 05

I'm the only person that uses my PC so I have not set up any accounts on it. Today when I came in and turned my PC on I had to click on my name to log on. Why? How has this happened and can it be stopped? I was up using it late last night and was falling asleep so I may have accidentally clicked on something by accident. Thanks in advance.

Sibbo 17:56 15 Aug 05

I've just noticed that there is a Microsoft asp.net account on my PC (password protected). Where did that come from? I did briefly have Microsoft Encarta Premium 2006 DVD installed on my PC. Somebody lent me their disc so that I could see if it worked on my PC. I then uninstalled it after testing it. Could this be why? How do I uninstall it?

ACOLYTE 17:58 15 Aug 05

If you installed NET framwork it makes an account,you just can just delete it.If not then i dont know.

VoG II 18:02 15 Aug 05

You may have got it as a Windows Update. You can safely delete the account from Control Panel | User Accounts. You will still have .NET installed but you won't have to click your name to begin when you start up.

Sibbo 19:54 15 Aug 05

Thanks, that worked a treat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…