xp

Rosemary-270468 16:30 23 Feb 03

How do I remove XP completely and go back to 98? There is nothing worth saving so that isn't the worry.

A Pound of Sausages 16:36 23 Feb 03

Why do you want to go back to such an old OS?

Forum Editor 16:39 23 Feb 03

to hear that you want to do this, but it's your decision. You'll need to format your C drive so that you can start again. I assume you have a Win98 startup disk, and a full version of Win98 - not the upgrade?

Rosemary-270468 16:40 23 Feb 03

Cos I don't like it!!

pepe 16:41 23 Feb 03

Boot from a Win98 startup disk, start without CD Rom support, at the prompt type "Format C: /s" without the qoutes. Restart, this time with CD Rom support, Make a note of your CD Rom drive letter, place your Win 98 CD in the drive and type "(Cd Letter)/setup.exe, or set your bios to boot from your CD and follow the prompts.

cream. 16:42 23 Feb 03

When you installed X\P. Was it on top of 98 or did you format the drive and then install X\P?

If it was over 98 you can remove it from add and remove programmes.

« Ravin » 16:44 23 Feb 03

it is a very stable o/s if it's just the interface that s bothering you right click your desktop and click on properties , there under theme drop down menu choose windows classic and have a try.

if you want to completely uninstall win xp you have to format your hard disk again. if you used ntfs file system while installing xp you'll also have to go back to fat32 fs. after that you can install windows 98 as usual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…