XP 2nd user account & BT Broadband?

Satratter 14:10 25 Jan 05

I have set up a second user account on XP in order to keep my work/personal stuff separate from other friends and family who on occasion use my pc, I subscribe to BT broadband and when the 2nd account is opened there is a smaller list of icons on the screen as is expected I think and amongst them is my broadband icon! my problem is that upon clicking the broadband icon nothing at happens...therefore preventing the 2nd account from accessing the internet, which is the idea in the first place, have I set it up incorrectly? and is there any advice out there to help me overcome this problem...
Please help!

Chezdez 14:34 25 Jan 05

make a copy of the link that is in your account, and move it into the new account? you'll need to be logged on as yourself (admin i presume?) to access both sets of files

Rockarch 14:54 25 Jan 05

Go to your original log in and check that when you do start-connect to- 'your broadband' that you have checked the box to allow any one who uses this computer to use the connection.
I have 2 users on XP on my PC with broadband and have no problems with it.

When you set up the 2nd account you will also have to customise how you want the screen to look as lots of your icons might be those you have manually added rather than those of programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…