Xp

kenamb 21:24 14 Dec 06

Hi all ,
Does anybody know why my friends pc has suddenly started to say that her windows xp is not an original copy. She has had the computer for about two years and it was set up at the shop she bought it from .
It still downloads updates , which if it was a copy
then shorly it wouldnt update . She does not own a disc of windows , is this illegal .
Ta

birdface 21:28 14 Dec 06

If she bought it from new, It should have Coa sticker on the back or side with keycode on it, If she has this , A Phone call to Microsoft will clear it up for her,

birdface 21:33 14 Dec 06

If it was bought second hand, and there is no Coa Sticker on it, She may have to go back to the shop where she purchased it And ask them to fix it,If not there is a way to get the original Keycode from the computer,Someone will come on and let you know how to do this, I have not tried it before,Good luck.

bluto1 00:00 15 Dec 06

I`m not sure that this will solve the problems of legality, but the code which is used can be obtained by typing Belarc Advisor into your Google or search engine and then installing and you`ll find the code (16 alphanumeric symbols).
I hope this helps. When you phone Microsoft UK they`ll probably want this code.

vinnyT 04:37 15 Dec 06

"The Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder is a freeware utility that retrieves your Product Key (cd key) used to install windows from your registry." -click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…