xp

sms 21:39 07 Oct 04

is it possible to make a boot disk for win xp prof.

stalion 21:41 07 Oct 04
  sms 18:05 09 Oct 04

Yhanks for the info however this site shows bootdisk for new installation. Is it possible to have a boot disk only

LAP 19:13 09 Oct 04

I have xp pro and have created a MS-DOS startup floppy disk is this what you want?

woodchip 19:20 09 Oct 04

Given the right equipment, and software you can create a Boot CD. But you have to also set the BIOS to see the CD as first boot device to use it. PS you also need NERO 6 to create one

LAP 19:31 09 Oct 04

I've lost the plot already.

wobblymike 19:36 09 Oct 04

At the risk of going off at a tangent and purely out of curiosity, why do you want a boot disc? I have installed and reinstalled Win XP loads of times and have never needed a boot disc. I use the format facility provided free by most (not all) HDD manufacturers such as MAXBLAST which is fast and efficient.

sms 20:37 12 Oct 04

well its really because of sp2 for xp. I have seen in my office the system crash and unable to start again. The only way forward was to reload from restore cd or from boot disk

VoG II 20:40 12 Oct 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…