xp

alan 2273 10:16 07 Sep 03

Ihave just built a computer - As rock MB - 2000xp processer 256 ddr crucial 266 ram 40gb Hd. I installed Xp Home on it ( it is the upgrade version) I then registered it and no problems. When I switched it on the next day it asked me if I wanted to continue the instillation or go straight into xp, this seems to have no effect on the way it runs but it is a nuisance to have to select at the start instead of going straight to the welcome screen. Can anyone tell me how to get round this problem.
Thanks Alan

JIM 10:25 07 Sep 03

Have you tried following, the continue the installation message to see where it would lead to?

alan 2273 10:31 07 Sep 03

Yes It did the reinstall again then asked me to register it again which i did and still the same problem, as i said before it is more of an annoyance than a problem but it would be nice to find an answer to it

minter 11:14 07 Sep 03

You say you have just built yourself a new computer. When you installed XP did you do an upgrade installation or a complete re-install.

The complete re-install is prefered to upgrading, as the upgrade can cause problems.

alan 2273 14:59 07 Sep 03

It was an upgrade disc but you can do a complete install with it all it asks you for is the 98 disc to verify that you have one, other than that it is the same as doing a full install.

alan 2273 15:17 20 Sep 03

xp

Djohn 15:44 20 Sep 03

Not sure if this is the cause of your problem, but when you install XP, [even an up-grade to a clean hard drive and using your qualifying O/S to verify]. When you first insert the CD you will see the message, "Press any key to continue". Do this the first time, but you will see the same message twice again as your PC re-boots.

Do not press any key on these occasions, or you will find yourself in an endless loop of installing. Just leave the PC to re-boot by itself. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…