xover or straight through cable info please

Legolas 15:37 26 Mar 03

Hi all I managed to get the switch set up (problem from a previous thread click here ) and can access the Internet but not my network would I be correct in thinking that as I was connecting two computers together originally with xover cable that this will not work with a switch and I will need straight through cable and if so is there an easy way to convert it.

Legolas 18:56 26 Mar 03

Rayuk 19:10 26 Mar 03

May assist you
click here
Unless its really nescesary I would go the route of buying straight cable rather than searching out connecter.

Rayuk 19:11 26 Mar 03

Or if you have a local pc shop they may put you a new connecter on your existing cable.

billyliv 19:56 26 Mar 03

Hi, Straight through Cat 5 cables are not expensive and are sold in differing lengths so you only buy what you need. A good source is click here Cheers Bill

Legolas 21:21 26 Mar 03

I am at college to-morrow and getting Computer Architecture I will ask the Tutor to make me up a length of straight through or I will take my xover in and get it changed :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…