XoftSpySE ... is this prog ligit

allang 17:06 15 Oct 06

I have the VirusBurst trojan (see previous posting). Some kind souls have offered suggestions. As I'm not too happy messing around with registry entries , I had a quick Google and found the above prog at Free-Web-Browsers.com. Does anyone know if this prog is ligit or is it more malware ?

birdface 17:46 15 Oct 06

Xoftspy is a good program, use it myself.Can't fault it.Downside, You have to pay for it.

birdface 17:47 15 Oct 06

Sorry never seen the SE at the end, Not got that one.But quite happy with the one I have.

birdface 17:55 15 Oct 06

Right just looked it up, It is a new version, What it does is give you a free scan, Then normally if you want to delete anything, you have to buy the product,$29.95,There are free programs about,I am sure someone can put you on to a few of those,But a very good product if you are going to buy.

anskyber 17:59 15 Oct 06

This, usually reliable site has it. The site suggests any download is 100% free of nasties.

click here

dogbreath1 20:18 15 Oct 06

...now it seems it's OK. click here

De-Listed Applications:

Some applications that were originally included in this list of "rogue/suspect" anti-spyware programs have been de-listed after the vendors for those programs took steps to correct the problems identified on this page. For each program that has been de-listed there is a note explaining the circumstances at the bottom of the main "rogue/suspect" list (see below for those notes). An entry for each of the applications de-listed during the past year remains in the main list above solely to point to the explanatory notes below. Applications de-listed over a year ago have only a note below.

That an application has been de-listed should not be understood as an endorsement or recommendation of any kind. We still recommend that users consult the short list of "trustworthy" anti-spyware applications. For more information on the process for de-listing application, see THIS discussion in the Spyware Warrior forums.

De-listed apps from 2004 include: SpywareNuker/pcOrion, eAcceleration Stop Sign, Enigma SpyHunter, ZeroSpyware, SpyWare Killer, NoAdware, XOFTSPY
De-listed apps from 2005 include: SpyZooka, SpyCleaner, SpyEmergency 2005, No-Spy/Sin-Espias, Ad-Protect/SpyOut, GarbageClean

birdface 21:00 15 Oct 06

Allang.If you are thinking of buying one,My personal Preference, would be Spyware Doctor. Same price as Xoftspy.And I think, Just that little bit better.Or go into microsoft. \\\\look for,Windows Live One Care Safety Scan.Excellent tool.That should sort your computer out.Scan is free,And if you want, you can actually download Windows Live One Care,Either 3 month or 6 month Free trial,

Belatucadrus 21:06 15 Oct 06

click here and click here for a couple of highly rated freebies, either one should be more than capable of doing the job.

allang 22:48 19 Oct 06

Thanx folks. Apologies for not responding sooner. Belatucadrus ; Spyware Terminator found VirusBlast amongst others. It's nice to know people are willing to help others less experienced AND free of charge. Ta again. I still don't know how it got past all my security !! IE probs ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…