Xoftspy 4 'free' results...what now?

nick_j007 14:41 02 Oct 05

hello all,

I have the 180 search bar on my PC and in an effort to rid of it I found a link to the XoftSpy's free scan.

I ran the free scan after running Spybot and Ad-aware, and it came up with an impressive list of 'High Threat' results.
Now, to remove the results it wants nearly £25 which I would rather keep in my pocket. Most seem to be referring to a OrbitExplorer, Wild Tangent, IST Bar, adtech and tribalfusion. About 35 entries in all.
I run Avast! as my AV, and the firewall is 3Com's router thingy.

Your advice will be very welcome thank you.

Off on my bike for an hour, will look in soon.

Thank you all.

Nick

VoG II 14:46 02 Oct 05

I would try removing it manually click here

MAJ 14:49 02 Oct 05

Don't pay any money out, nick_j007, *IF* those items are on your system, they can be removed manually.
Xoftspy wouldn't make any money if it reported your system clean, would it??

Stuartli 14:56 02 Oct 05

It's one of the oldest tricks around...:-)

You've already carried out sufficient checks with Spybot and Ad-Aware, but don't forget SpywareBlaster as well.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:06 02 Oct 05

istbar removal tool
click here

nick_j007 13:10 04 Oct 05

click here

The above link is to a forum that deals specifically with virus and malware removal. They were bllomin' good at sorting me out, and I'm now as clean as a whistle on a clean day.

Thank you to those here that got me going in the right direction.

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…