.XNK FILE EXTENSION

rural blues 11:45 10 Jan 04

I've been trawling thro' web pages 'til I'm blue in the face, so I think it best to ask the experts. I've received an e-mail with a file attachment I need to read but Windows can't open it (see title). What exactly (and simply!?) do I need to do? OS:XPHome, ISP:AOL. Thanks anyone.

VoG II 11:48 10 Jan 04

click here not much use...

rural blues 11:57 10 Jan 04

VoG - that's the first place I went to, and then many more 'til I was confused - thanks anyway.

Big Elf 13:50 10 Jan 04

This is the only thing I could track down and it's ancient click here

Trackrat 14:17 10 Jan 04

Try this it involves using a command line, don`t now if it will work but worth a try. the file command is at the bottom of the page.
click here

rural blues 14:48 10 Jan 04

Thanks Big Elf/Trackrat - I've come to the conclusion that I'm fairly ignorant on this one still. I don't use Microsoft Office or Outlook and these terms keep cropping up along with Exchange Win 3.x and Public Folder shortcut etc. Perhaps I need to download something? I'll investigate further.......

Chegs ® 16:32 10 Jan 04

I would simply reply to the email asking the sender to change the attachments attributes to one you CAN open.I have sent/recieved emails that I/they couldn't open,so simply resent in a different format.

rural blues 16:54 10 Jan 04

Chegs - the e-mail in question was an automated response to an e-mail from me, and that took three days to come. It intimated that that automated response was heading for an automated receiver somewhere else in the world, which would elicit an automated response...etc...etc...until, perhaps, it might reach a human being eventually. In short ;) - thanks, but .............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…