XML sitemap generator

FOEYDO 15:45 11 Nov 06

Does anyone know of a good simple to use xml sitemap generator as I have over 4000 pages to scan? Even better if it is free! Thanks

phil 16:16 11 Nov 06

I used about three different ones and none of them give the correctly formatted code that Google use so if it's for Google then this is what you need. Do it all manually, I found it much quicker in the end.

--------------------------------------

Top of the page (replace all the instances of # with either opening and closing tags):

#?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?#

#urlset xmlns="click here" xmlns:xsi="click here" xsi:schemaLocation="click here click here"#

#url#
#loc#click here site name.co.uk#/loc#
<lastmod>2006-10-30T22:00:00+00:00</lastmod>
<priority>0.5</priority>
#/url#

-------------------------------------
This is the code that is used (repeated) for each page of the sitemap:

#url#
<loc>click here site name.co.uk/filename.html</loc>
<lastmod>2006-10-30T22:00:00+00:00</lastmod>
<priority>0.5</priority>
#/url#

--------------------------------------

This must be at the end of the page:

#/urlset#

---------------------------------------

Save as sitemap.xml, upload and tell Google where to find it.

If you still want software then try this one click here

phil 16:18 11 Nov 06

This forum is so bloody annoying.

For a board meant for web design that won't allow code to be entered without turning it into links is rediculous.

FOEYDO 12:07 12 Nov 06

Hi Phil, thank you. I see the download you sent me to you have to have a server on your pc, it says you must have microsoft net, we havent any way round that.

phil 21:51 16 Nov 06

Just found this. Should be of great help to those struggling with the creation of sitemaps.

click here

Crunchy 14:05 23 Nov 06

I use xml-sitemaps.com but cann't remember how many pages it will read. Take a look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…