XML Parsing error

Neil-220364 14:25 06 Oct 07

Hey People

Everything on my pc was running fine for ages! now i am havin gfx card issues!

First off here are my specs

Intel pentium 4 3.20Ghz
ddr2 2g ram
Nvidia GEforce 7950GT gfx card
Windos Vista home premium 32

A few driver up dates were recently installed on my pc from Nvidia all was well untill itried to access football manager 2007. the scren turned to lines and nothing would happen. i have tried rolling back the drivers and even a complete clean install but i still get the same issue.

The best i can get without a crash is on the earliest driver release but i still get the error message:

XML Parsing error

not well-formed(invalid token) at line 1 of Window1.xml

any help would be appriciated im at my wits end

ps i have also run memory and hardware diagnostics

wrg 14:29 06 Oct 07

I get the same and have done to same. Please help us football managers.

Neil-220364 14:32 06 Oct 07

no way two of us with the same issue! must be something to do with recent updates im sure of it

wrg 10:05 07 Oct 07

how have you loaded FM? I did a clean install yesterday as I seemed to be having other issues with my laptop as well as FM. I then loaded FM as administrator (open the cd and highlight FM2007 install - right click then click run as administrator. Sorry it you already know this) and let it load. I then downloaded the update dbase. Started a new game with 3 leagues, have not had a problem and am currently half way through the season. Not sure if my problem was to do with the graphics card so I have downloaded the latest drivers for ATI. Not sure what XML parsing errors are, looks like it is something to do with part of a command that is missing or not written correctly, also I did a defrag.

wrg 16:32 15 Oct 07

Did you resolve this issue. I thought I had then I was getting the odd blip here and there. I did a performance scan on my lappie and was getting a read/write time error. I uninstalled FM2007 and reinstalled but I did not download the patch updates, did another performance scan and also was not getting the read/write error and no crashed at all in the game. Downloaded the patch updates and back to crashing and read/write error. Looking at installed updates I have a warning next to the 2 patch updates stating a compatibility problem, so have just stuck with V7.00 for the time being.

Neil-220364 18:39 15 Oct 07

yip i fixed it! i bought a new mother board lol....i needed it i keep telling myself! i downloaded both the patches and its working fine played fm all night after the terrific scotland game!

hope you get your issues sorted in time for fm2008

keep champing it up!

devo

wrg 18:58 15 Oct 07

you a Scotland fan then, I am. Austria/Switzerland here we come.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5