xi.exe??

ptrafc 16:42 02 May 04

I recieved a program over the net (without my consent) called xi.exe. It appeared at about the same time as I got a Trojan virus (which was immediately cleaned by McAfee), but I can't delete this file. It appears when I do a virus scan, but it won't/can't clean or delete it through that, it'll only let me quarantine it. But, it then reappears (it appears as Adware-Statblaster). When I try to delete the file directly (it's stored in c:\Documents And Settings\Paul T(that'll be me)\Temp) it says 'access is denied etc.'. I currently have the file blocked by McAfee firewall, along with a file called 'WinWildApp.exe' which I got at the same time, but that one can be deleted. I would be greatful for any help in getting rid of this file, or any other info. about it. Thanx.

johnnyrocker 16:45 02 May 04

i suspect you have xp and did not disable system restore while cleaning.

johnny.

VoG II 16:57 02 May 04
  ptrafc 21:13 02 May 04

Sorted it. I just needed to stop the program from running using the task manager before deleting it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…