xHtml website...

tenplus1 15:08 04 Dec 03

I've just finished converting my website to xHTML and everything seems to be working fine...

could ppl check it out and see if it works OK on their browsers pls...

click here -here

Taran 16:47 04 Dec 03

Seems to work fine for me.

I didn't go through the whole site, just to your Books page and a couple of those leading off it.

Your pages are missing an encoding and charset declaration which they should arguably have to be fully XHTML compiant, but they are still using XHTML markup so you're OK.

If you want to fix the header information, you should change yours from its current:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"click here">

<html xmlns="click here">

to this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"click here">

<html xmlns="click here">

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

All seems to be working well though.

Taran 16:48 04 Dec 03

If you copy and paste the above into NotePad you should see what it is supposed to look like without the click here links.

tomleady 17:44 04 Dec 03

everything seems to work fine.

i can click on the main section. eg-movies. then choose a movie, and i get the info about it.

should there be anythign else?

tenplus1 10:07 06 Dec 03

Thanks Taran, will amend those parts of the code...

Tomeleady: nope, that's it really... just a database of items I have spare (offers)... and was hoping the site would work on ALL browsers inc. WebTV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…