XFI CREATIVE SOUNDCARD PROBLEMS

smudge6521 13:51 24 Aug 10

Can anybody assist me with the following mightmare.I have just upgraded to Windows 7 N from Vista and I am having a utter nightmare with my soundcard drivers. I have gone through the problem solving area with windows and it has directed me to the Creative Website and downloaded the driver for me. However when I come to install the driver it comes up with an error saying that it cannot find a compatable device for the driver. I know its the correct one so does anybody have any solutions. Thanks in advance

james105051 14:28 24 Aug 10

Open the case and check that the souncard is seated properly.

Zeppelyn 14:39 24 Aug 10

I think its because there are several XFI models, I have had the same problem. Do you have the original Creative CD? If so then theres a little program called Creative Software Auto Update which will do the job for you, otherwise its a case of finding the right one from here.
click here

Also you need to know whether its pci or pci express.

Coltch 14:44 24 Aug 10

Which version of the X-Fi do you have?.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64 with an X-Fi Elite Pro and have had no issues with drivers (although I am using slightly modded ones)for the card, it installed them first time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…