Xerox laser printer 6120

kjrider 19:53 PM 01 Aug 11

I have a Xerox Phaser 6120. Recently I replaced the toner cartridges. After not using it for a couple of months, I installed it on my new PC.

Now when I print, there are 'white' streaks of missing colours and black for about an inch on the left hand side of the page.

Anyone got any ideas? Someone said I might need to replace the imaging unit, but that is £160!

KJR

northumbria61 20:13 PM 01 Aug 11

You can try removing the toner cartridge and shaking it from side to side a few times. This distributes the ink more evenly. Failing that depending on how long you have had the printer, the only other option is to replace the imaging unit or "drum" as I would describe it.

OR - there is a NEW printer here for £139.99 - I don't know the difference if any there is with your current printer but worth taking a look at. link text

northumbria61 20:16 PM 01 Aug 11

"the toner cartridge" OR cartridges I see in your case.

northumbria61 20:20 PM 01 Aug 11

If needed, cheaper here at Amazon link text

kjrider 11:56 AM 02 Aug 11

Thanks for the info northumbria61

I was hoping someone might have had a similar problem.

It worked fine when installed and printed the test page and other pages OK.

Then, it started printing with missing colours/black down the left hand side of the paper, looking like 'white' streaks.

KJR

northumbria61 12:03 PM 02 Aug 11

I don't know if there is anything here in this list that may help link text

northumbria61 12:08 PM 02 Aug 11
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Google's new logo was redesigned

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites