Xerox C8 printer feed problem

Landy Man 21:32 13 Oct 03

A friend has a Xerox C8 printer which has stopped picking up paper from the paper slot. All else seems in order, any idea's?. Curiously, my next door neigbour had a similar printer which developed exactly the same fault?.. His printer ended up in the Great Compuetr Room in the Sky!!

Is this an inherent problem or there a simple fix? (Other than the dustbin).

Appreciate dome idea's.

Cheers

Landyman

LastChip 22:39 13 Oct 03

Is the cam in the correct position? click here and click on the jpeg image.

Landy Man 16:17 16 Oct 03

Hi Lastchip

Thanks for the info. Got the details from th ewebsite, set the cam OK but still no paperfeed. Most odd. Get a few noises, motor running, and shom gear ratcheting noise. Sounds like a mechanical probel but I cant see any broken bits/damaged bits. Wonderful mechanism!! I prefer the Land Rover, blacksmith engineering and parts so big you can see them!!. Ok, they are all covered in oil but it works.

Cheers

Landyman

p.s. Whats the similarity between Landrover and Micrsoft?. Both have been producing a product for a very long time, (in Kandrovers case, 50yrs!) and they both can get it fully workig yet!!!

LastChip 20:21 16 Oct 03

Generally, printers run quietly. If your getting noises, almost certainly the mechanism has a fault, most commonally something to do with the rollers.

As you may know, this printer is no longer available, and even if it were, the cost of spares (if you could get them) would outweigh the cost of a new printer.

For example, the cost of a new Cannon printer just slightly more than £35 or a Lexmark at around £25 click here OK, these are bottom of the range, but it does call into question any possibility of repairing all but the most expensive printers, and these are normally found in an office environment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…