Xerox advert problem

octal 19:52 01 Jul 07

I'm just wondering if anyone else is getting this problem with the Xerox advert on the right hand side, I'm missing the writing on RHS of the text, here's a screen shot;
click here

It's a real pain, I've got to keep reloading the page just to get rid of it, I don't normally complain about adverts because I know they are important, but when they get intrusive they can be a nuisance.

Technotiger 21:13 01 Jul 07

Hi, that Ad opens up across the page when you slide your mouse pointer over it - slide the mouse pointer back to the left and the Ad re-tracts.

octal 21:33 01 Jul 07

But it leaves the white space after it retracts, as in my screen shot.

octal 21:38 01 Jul 07

I don't like doing this, but I've had to block swf from running on this site, otherwise it's going to be unusable.

Technotiger 21:39 01 Jul 07

Hmm, if this has only recently started to happen, you could try a couple of things - run CCleaner click here and/or try a System Restore back to before this started.

octal 21:43 01 Jul 07

I can't run any of those, I'm using Linux, but thanks anyway. Seems like whoever built that didn't bother to try it on an alternative platform.

Technotiger 22:02 01 Jul 07

I have never used Linux, so I wouldn't know. Looks as if you will have to do a bit of blocking then.

Cheers.

octal 22:14 01 Jul 07

The trouble is I can't find the URL that links the that advert so it means blocking all the Flash Player links which I don't like doing.

It seems like no one else is getting the problem, so tick and go and do something else.

VoG II 22:16 01 Jul 07

Does HOSTS click here work in Linux?

octal 22:20 01 Jul 07

Yes there is a HOSTS file, actually there's two in Linux just to be greedy, but without knowing the URL it useless, if I knew the URL I would put it in the pop-up blocker. Thanks anyway VoG™

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…