XCOPY

bpzoom 00:41 28 Jan 11

Does it exist in Windows 7 please? I used it a lot in XP and would miss it if it is not available in Windows 7. If it is available where do I find it?

gengiscant 00:51 28 Jan 11
  robin_x 01:04 28 Jan 11

I had a problem once I couldn't solve with xcopy.
No idea now. But I found xxcopy too with more switches.

Freeware download and details.
click here

bpzoom 09:48 28 Jan 11

The reason I asked if Xcopy still existed under W7 is that the version I used with XP no longer works with W7. This is
C:\xcopy C:\"my documents" \*.* I:\"mydocumentsbackupC" /s/y/d
It says *.* file not found

xania 10:10 28 Jan 11

I suspect that is because you have a space after the second quote in the statement C:\xcopy C:\"my documents" \*.*. I would have used C:\xcopy C:\"my documents\*.*".

xania 10:11 28 Jan 11

I suspect that is because you have a space after the second quote in the statement C:\xcopy C:\"my documents" \*.*. I would have used C:\xcopy C:\"my documents\*.*".

I am Spartacus 11:41 28 Jan 11

I use it in Windows 7 without problems. However your my documents folder is in 'Users' so you have to explicitly state the file path. An example from my batch file is:

xcopy c:\users\steve\"my documents"\"my games"\Crysis\*.* /D /H /R /S /Y d:\Crysis

scotty 12:44 28 Jan 11

From Vista onward, a replacement for XCOPY has been introduced - ROBOCOPY. This offers similar and expanded features.

bpzoom 15:24 28 Jan 11

Many thanks to you all. I corrected the path to include User and it worked. Back on track again thanks to you people.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…