XCClone query

muddypaws 09:47 10 Mar 09

Does anyone use XCClone who can advise on the following please.
Started the incremental at 1903 yesterday having emptied History/ Recycle bin and a desktop folder that had dozens of zip files that I kept.
After 20 mins it was showing 5 mins to go.
When it got to two mins ii started to slow up.
Eventually at 2230! it was copying Windows\Software Distribution\Download\ddab51935.............. with 20 mins to run copying .dll s
Decided to let it run overnight.
This morning still working slowly on the same as above with 22 mins to go.
I then moved the speed slider down and up a couple of times and the backup finished in about 10 mins.
Wonder if there is a glitch in my XClone.
Any idea what the small box at the bottom of the slider refers to with zero in it.
It can be modified.
Does it alter the speed range, as mine shows 10 on max and 0 on slow?
No response to emails from their help line.
Thanks.

muddypaws 09:48 10 Mar 09

Sorry--XP Home SP2 with 80 gigs on C

Graphicool1 15:17 10 Mar 09

Sorry muddypaws, I have XXCLONE but as yet I haven't used it. I'm only replying to bump you back to the top of the list.

DieSse 16:04 10 Mar 09

I see you're using the paid version, not the free one. Sorry - never tried it and know no-one who has.

muddypaws 16:50 10 Mar 09

Graphicool1 Thanks.
Never mind.
I have tried the usuals Acronis and Ghost over the years, but XXClone does away with bootable media CDs etc. and gives you the option to boot either from the cloned internal or C before Windows starts. I have tried it several times. Ideal if C wont boot.
I think my problem may be partly due to the 3 week gap.
Graphicool1 let me have your opinion if you try it.

Graphicool1 17:43 10 Mar 09

Will do

Graphicool1 17:50 10 Mar 09

When you tried it did you go into 'Advanced Settings' and set the slider to 'Hi Speed' and tick the 'Use HyperSync Algorithm (for faster back up)(Hyper)

muddypaws 18:15 10 Mar 09

Graphicool1
Yes I set to high speed, but not to HyperSync.
Noticed it there, but not used it.
Try next time.
Any idea what the 'ni' box is for?
The first clone you do will probably take anything up to 3hrs unless the target drive is empty.

muddypaws 18:19 10 Mar 09

Incidentally my first two incrementals took 15 mins and 20 mins. Which were fairly close to gether timewise.
My son has got it takes a similar time. He does one every evening as he uses it for work. Had no probs so far.

Graphicool1 11:56 11 Mar 09

'/ni:value' Inserts idle cycles (CPU throttle).
0: full speed .. 10: slowest

sorry I was so long getting back with the response. I'm in the middle of reformatting a new HDD and ran into a slight gltch when it came to reinstalling the Sound Card. Sorted now, no thanks to Creative Labs.

muddypaws 13:31 11 Mar 09

Graphicool1
Thanks.
Glad you are sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…