XBOX and use with a PC ? Can it really be done ?

Giggle n' Bits 01:08 23 Jul 04

My friend says his son has his Xbox wired up to his computer via Lan using BT Bband (USB voyager) erh according to Microsoft site they are not intended for use with comptuers.

Is He Winding me up his son has it connceted to the comptuer ?

Lead 04:59 23 Jul 04

Yes, you can connect an xbox to a PC. You need an internet connection to play online games and you can do this via a router or using the Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) facility of a PC.

If the xbox is chipped you can then also transfer files to/from the xbox and use it to play movies or music that are stored on the PC too.

If you want more information on what can be done with an xbox, check out this site:

click here

Giggle n' Bits 09:43 23 Jul 04

thanks for the Xbox link but can you tell me where on the site I can find out more about this xbox and connecting to a computer.

ensonricky 10:23 23 Jul 04

I don't know how Microsoft can suggest the Xbox is not for use with PC's since they make the Xbox and supply the software that runs most PC's.
This is the clincher click here

Giggle n' Bits 22:17 23 Jul 04

I saw it for myself today at friends, it does but its a XBOX LIVE, they also say at certain times of the day the connection using BT Bband with USB Modem drops the connection night being worse.

Aparently the kid plays the thing nearly all day as he's off school.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…