xbox - router/hub problem

RussG 18:47 05 Jul 03

Don't know if anyone could suggest something.

Have Blueyonder broadband & router to share the connection with 3 pcs and xbox live. Originaly set up for 2 pc & xbox and all worked fine. I added another pc upstairs and added a hub to split between the pc & xbox. Now the xbox continually cuts off after 15 minutes or so. My son is getting frustrated having paid his subscription etc. He has checked the forums and they suggest that xbox will not work with a hub, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
Russ

hugh-265156 19:07 05 Jul 03

click here and click here might help.

microswift 19:46 05 Jul 03

NTL actually sell a hub for connecting a PC and xbox at the same time, so I dont think the hub is the problem. I dont know if blueyonder is the same but NTL restrict the number of units you can connect to broadband at three. Do you have all four units connected to the internet at the same time? it could be a bandwidth problem.

RussG 19:55 05 Jul 03

Thanks chaps for the replies, need to your investigate your suggestions further but the one about number of pc's connected looks promising ( I have 2pc+xbox). I'll try a few things and come back if need anymore help.

Cheers

Russ

RussG 12:08 06 Jul 03

Should read 3 pc's + Xbox

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…