xbox and new tv

casper69 12:05 18 Dec 07

hello all

i got £1000 to buy a new lcd tv and been looking at the samsung 37" with hd 1080i but just seeing if anyone thinks of any other tvs for the same price.

also i can buy a new console ive gone for xbox as more games but which one pro or elite

cheers

Blitzer 12:49 18 Dec 07

I have a 32" Samsung LCD TV and it works well with the Xbox. I think Panasonics are also supposed to be good, my brother has one although it is plasma rather than LCD.

As for the Xbox I'd go for the Elite, not only does it have a larger HD it also has HDMI connection which may be more "future proof".

Hope this helps.

retep888 14:44 18 Dec 07

if I were you,I'd buy a PS3 60Gb because it can play high definition bluray dvd,wireless integrated,free network playing,hdmi connection.

While a xbox elite may have a bigger drive and hdmi connection as well,but you have to pay extra £60 for wireless adapter, £120 for hd dvd player,£35-40 for gold live network playing each year.

casper69 14:52 18 Dec 07

blitzer and retep888

both very good points ill go for the samsung tv but with the console hard decision but like you said retep888 personal choice?

retep888 15:01 18 Dec 07

That's why at the end I bought all three platforms
(PS3,XBOX,WII),they'll suit everyone's taste now.:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…