XBOX 360 premium console...PLAYING ONLINE ?

worcesterman47 15:45 05 Feb 09

hi guys...my grandson has just been bought a brand new XBOX 360 PREMIUM CONSOLE,he tells me it is possible to play online games etc..if that is so..what would i need to enable him to do that..ie extra cables or connectors etc etc, i guess the first thing is a broadband connection which i do have & it is a really good fast connection..but i am totally lost on any other items that would/could be needed...so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, may thanks

skidzy 16:23 05 Feb 09

Hello worcesterman47

You need a Microsoft wireless adaptor or connect directly to the router (assuming you have a router) and an Xbox live subscription.

My boys have recently said that Microsoft will be making Xbox live free in the near future,how true this is...i do not know.

This will help you a bit. click here

worcesterman47 16:54 05 Feb 09

many thanks skidzy..just the kind of information i guess i needed...i do have a router..and will look into the xbox adaptor for going wireless to....in fact will have a good read later of the link you posted...once again from an absolute novice with xbox's etc ( way to old :)..many many thank

gazzaho 18:19 05 Feb 09

A wired connection is the cheapest way to connect if the Xbox and computer/router are going to be close to one another like in the same room, it just costs the price of the cable. The wireless network connector is £50/£60 and is preferable if your grandson is going to be using it from another room.

You say you have a broadband connection but you don't specify a router, which, in simple terms is like a auto switch enabling you to connect multiple computers/game consoles to the Internet at the same time.

A wireless router plus Xbox 360 network connector is going to be the most expensive but most accommodating option.

malgall 20:42 05 Feb 09

have used xbox live for some time and its well worth it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…