Xbox 360 game problem.

Armchair 08:36 26 Jul 09

Never had this problem with my 360 on any game, and I've played about twenty or so titles so far. Just started playing CoD4 for the first time about an hour ago, and it's frozen twice already (single player campaign). No red lights or anything, and the only thing I can do is switch off and reload the game.

Anyone else had this problem?

Armchair 10:11 26 Jul 09

Now showing the dreaded Red Ring of Death.

RIP one console.

Two options:-

1) Clart on sending it to Microsoft for repair.

2) Trade in games (I only have four), and scrap console.

crosstrainer 12:16 26 Jul 09

...Mine arrives on Wednesday...Bookmarked your link in case of bad luck!

Armchair 15:50 26 Jul 09

It's working alright again. I've left it running Forza 2 for the last two hours, expecting it to fail again, but it hasn't so far. The only thing I've done is remove and refit the hard drive (while explaining to a friend what the problem was). That hard drive hasn't been removed for over a year, though, and the 360 itself has been in the same place for the last six months.

I actually took CoD4 back for a refund this morning (great service by W H Smith there, btw, no fuss whatsoever), because I thought the console was cream crackered. Well, it seemed a bit too 'on rails' anyway, lol.

crosstrainer 15:54 26 Jul 09

Dust can get into the most unlikely of places...You probably won't have any more trouble with it....It's just possible that the HDD migh be on it's way though...Being new to the console community, I'm not sure if utilities are available to check, but somone here will know.

Armchair 16:04 26 Jul 09

If it fails, so be it. I don't really need it. I don't have Gold, and I hardly ever download any demos. If it conks out, I'll probably look to get a cheap memory card.

Really, for all the use it gets as an actual games console (it mainly sees use as a DVD player now), I could live without this machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…