phil46 21:26 29 May 06

Does anyone out there know how to remove this OS
it is mounted on a drive running XP,i can't see anyway of removing this OS other than a full XP reinstall.

docj 22:17 29 May 06

If it is on a separate partition just reformat that partition I would think. I use Acronis Disk Director Suite to manage partitions but there are alternatives.
If you boot with Xandros's lilo you can use XP's recovery console to overwrite the mbr.

ashdav 22:54 29 May 06

First thing to do is stop Lilo from operating. Do this by repairing the MBR under Windows click here
Your computer will now boot straight to XP.
To remove Xandros.. in XP click on Start then right click on My Computer. Select Manage.
Select Disk Management. Right click on the graphic of any partition that's not C and select Format. This will remove any info on that partition.
Unfortunately if Xandros created the partitions there may be two or three which you cannot merge under Windows.
A way to do this is to wipe them clean using Killdisc but be very careful what you select. Windows will then see the space as unallocated.

ashdav 23:08 29 May 06

Sorry forgot to mention the command instruction to repair the MBR is fixmbr.

phil46 19:37 02 Jun 06

Very bellated i've been away thanks to all for your reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…