x850 XT with Flat Panel Monitor, resolution prob

Keith C 23:08 28 Feb 06

I recently upgraded by graphics card to a Radeon x850 XT AGP. I have a flat panel display. I removed all the old drivers etc. However, some of the games load and they're all jumbled up on the screen. the only resolutions I can choose are 800x600 and 1280x768 but when the games are in 800x600 they load all jumbled on the screen and when I try 1280x768 some of the screen is not viewable. when I come out of my games my resolution in windows reverts back to 1280x768 instead of my preset resolution of 1280x960. As far as I'm aware I have all the correct drivers. I don't know what else I can do to get the graphics card to talk to the monitor better. Someone suggested updating my motherboard drivers? I don't know if that would solve the issue. If anyone has had this problem or any ideas on how to fix it i'd appreciate it!

CurlyWhirly 00:50 01 Mar 06

I have exactly the same graphics card as you having recently upgraded myself!

I can't help you with your TFT monitor query but I am led to believe that you should run the TFT at it's native resolution.

Regarding the desktop icons being jumbled on the screen, this is quite normal but I use a CRT monitor not a TFT monitor so I'm not sure whether the native resolution should change by default?

You may be able to fix the problem by updating your motherboard drivers but if I was you I would wait to see if someone can help who actually uses a TFT monitor but no harm done as if nothing else my reply will refresh your post ;)

CurlyWhirly 00:53 01 Mar 06

p.s. you are running the latest Catalyst drivers I assume?

They are version 6.2

click here

CurlyWhirly 00:55 01 Mar 06

Oops wrong link.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…