Hi

Sapphire x800pro vivo
1Gb ddr ram
asus a7n8x-x mobo
windows xp home
3Ghz barton
on board sound
550 watt psu

UT2004/lots of UT2004 mods/counter strike (single player)

I’ve read lots of posts on different forums re a bios flash/upgrade you can do to change x800pro to xt version which unlocks extra 4 pipelines and automatically increase stock speeds.

Could someone link me the best step by step instructions for a beginner to flashing?

Or should I leave well alone?

Many thanks

P

pookie 12:10 04 Aug 04

refreshed for lunch crew :-)

P

Chegs ® 12:28 04 Aug 04

Leave well alone.Flashing is NOT for the inexperienced,assuming you can find a "firmware" upgrade,it might need altering via an Hex Editor(I had to with an upgrade for a CD-RW)and get it wrong and your new card is bin fodder.Its simply not worth the risks.If your still determined to have a go,find your "firmware" upgrade via google.co.uk,it will often include a "flash utility" and will possibly include instructions for use.Also,this "firmware" file MUST be for the exact same models(manufacturers)as your card(I HAVE flashed firmware on a DVD-ROM that changed its brand from Compaq to Samsung though,but it didn't cure the drive of its problem,although the site I got the upgrade from detailed folk with the same drive encountering the same prob I was having,cured it via this method)

I know your disappointed with your cards performance,but this IS NOT the way to cure it,until you have another better card and can "test" things with your "old" one.

Chegs ® 12:46 04 Aug 04

click here

Here is the instructions and the location of the files you need.I still advise against this,but the choice is yours.It also says you can backup the "old" firmware,and that if you get it wrong you CAN recover the card by use of another GC "11.(Optional) A PCI graphics card incase the bios flash goes wrong"

pookie 13:19 04 Aug 04

many thanks guys - sounds a bit risky

P

pookie 13:24 04 Aug 04

sorry chegs - thanks for reply but i'm very happy with the card as it flies through games at higher resolution/settings than 9700pro did - also it o/clocks heaps - 3d2003 score 10500+ approx but so many people are unlocking the pipes as apparently all early x800pro vivo sapphires were the xt cards but 'underclocked' in some way and released as x800 pros

take it easy

P

Chegs ® 01:15 05 Aug 04

I have a PCI graphics card you can borrow if it goes pearshaped and you need to reflash the card again with its old BIOS(or have you decided against trying?)

You might have to form a queue for it though,as other members appear to have "caught a similar bug" from this thread. :-)

pookie 12:50 05 Aug 04

many thanks for offer - thinking about it but probably not try it

P

pookie 12:48 19 Aug 04

anyone done it?

woodchip 13:05 19 Aug 04

Which Game are you playing? the one on the Monitor or the one with the Graphics card

pookie 13:08 19 Aug 04

pardon me? sorry it's been a long but you've lost me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…