x rated pop ups

Mazzamac 14:26 21 May 05

I have been getting a lot of x rated pop ups even when I have no browser window open. I go away from my PC & when I come back theres an explicit picture waiting for me! I'm not a prude but I do have a six year old daughter who does not need to see things like that!!

Joe R 14:29 21 May 05

click here

I think this may be your problem.

VoG II 14:29 21 May 05

Are these Messenger Service pop-ups? click here

Mazzamac 14:53 21 May 05

I dont think they are messenger service pop ups. They're just like adverts that pop up when browsing. I'm not 100% sure though, I'm not an expert when it comes to computers!!

Joe R 14:57 21 May 05

Mazzamac,

That's the type of pop-ups that can occur with messenger.

A lot of companies use the service to "advertise" their wares.

Indigo 1 15:39 21 May 05

If you don't use Messenger you can disable it with click here.

If that doesn't fix it, do you have good quality Anti-Spyware installed and do you update them before you run them ?

Which one(s) do you use ?

VCR97 19:30 21 May 05

Try Pop-Up Stopper from click here (free)

VCR97 19:31 21 May 05

PS Go to the links in the right-hand panel.

gudgulf 20:10 21 May 05

You need to scan for adware/spyware with something like Adaware or a2 or SpybotS$D.You have almost certainly got at least one nasty on your system.I've seen this before connected with a browser hijacker called Xupiter, and they are not messenger popups.

Mazzamac 18:02 23 May 05

Big thanks to all who responded. Have run spybot s&d, seems to have worked so far. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…