x-box live & Hub

RussG 19:42 16 Sep 03

I have a 1meg broadband connection which is shared between 3 pcs and my sons x-box live.

The connection upstairs runs off a hub and feeds a PC and the x-box. The x-box intermittently gets cut off ( quiet often every 15 minutes).MS don't support x-box via a hub. Someone suggested to my son a hub booster, anyone got any thoughts what might help? This happens weather the other connections are in use or not.

Cheers
Russ

mark500 21:45 16 Sep 03
  RussG 18:43 17 Sep 03

Thanks for your reply Mark. Xbox works with Blueyonder and I have a compatible router, no mention of hubs though. Think I will contact the hub maker and see if they can help.

Still open for other ideas.

Thanks

Russ

PSF 20:32 17 Sep 03

Have you tried connecting the X Box directly to the router, it could be hidden behind the hub and so looses connection to the Live server.

My sons X Box is connected directly to my router which also has two pc's connected. It seems to run ok that way.

RussG 19:36 18 Sep 03

Thanks for that - probably the best thing to try, the xbox was okay before I added the hub, will test that config again before I run another wire the 60ft to my son's room.

Russ

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…