X Box and ICS

madvlad 17:07 02 Jun 03

I have just got broadband in with the plan of sharing it between my PC and my XBox, microsoft says its easy and works! Not on my system.

I have installed a network card, bought the cross over cable (straight through with a crossover adapter on the end.

I have installed ICS (I'm using win 98SE)and verified it as it says on the XBox site.

When I turn on the Xbox, i get cables connected...
Then IP not confirmed and DNS not resolved.

Help, any pointers would be appreciated.

jazzypop 17:20 02 Jun 03

Just to confirm, this is the guide you followed? click here

BigMoFoT 17:22 02 Jun 03

Check your LAN settings make sure autouamtically detect settings is ticked and nothing else.

jazzypop 17:27 02 Jun 03

And you have disabled any firewalls on your PC, haven't you?

madvlad 17:41 02 Jun 03

Hello people,

Yes, jazzypop, that was the guide i followed, but no joy, I don't have any anti virus of firewall software installed, so thats not it.

BigMoFoT, yup thats all thats ticked.

any more ideas chaps?

jazzypop 18:19 02 Jun 03

Which broadband service are you using?

madvlad 16:26 05 Jun 03

BT broadband is the provider.

Thanks I've got it sorted now.

I followed a link to a site with some registry repairs detailed on it. That got the X box and PC talking, but the modem would not send more that a few hundred bytes at a time - new problem. Tried removing it and reinstallin but still no joy.

I tried installing 98SE over its self, but that didn't help.

In desperation I removed the dialup adapter, NIC and modem from network properties and restarted - redetected - restarted and lone behold XBox is LIVE.

Thanks chaps:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…