X-Box- download films?

compumac 11:36 AM 08 May 12

X-Box. A relative phoned me asking about X-boxes. Computers OK, X-Boxes I know nothing. He currently has Sky and is trying to cut his outgoings by cancelling the film channels and using the X-Box to download films (from I know not where) and then play them back onto the TV. He is prone to thinking and then purchasing on the run almost simultaneously. Is his thinking logical as I am unable to offer advice on a subject that I know nothing about?

northumbria61 12:45 PM 08 May 12

Can't really give you a lot of information but can start you off - have a read here enter link description here

Anything you download will have to be paid for - ie: on a rental basis. Such a site is Netflix - see here enter link description here but there are others.

Whether it will be cheaper this way as opposed to SKY I really couldn't say (but probably more choice) However I am sure someone who has an X-Box will post a follow up to this.

northumbria61 12:49 PM 08 May 12

Something here from Microsoft enter link description here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…