X Box 360 Connection

StellaArtois63 12:24 04 Jan 07

At the moment I have supplied a 2mb broadband service supplied from NTL.I like to use my X Box360 online and to do this I have to turn my PC off then connect the lead into the modem then turn on the XBox.At the moment I can't use them togethor.I believe there are options like ethernet splitter boxes or a UTP Hub. What is the easiest option to be able to use both at the same time.Thanks.

2drewej 12:28 04 Jan 07

the best thing to do is buy a firewalled router, that's what i did - now i can even go on xbox live with my computer turned off.

(i dont think you need a firewalled one if you dont mind having your computer turned on when on xbox live)

2drewej 12:29 04 Jan 07

i have this one click here

works great and its cheap enough.

2drewej 12:31 04 Jan 07

oh and you can use the xbox and internet at the same time.

StellaArtois63 12:36 04 Jan 07

Sorry I should have said I did not want to go wireless as I would have to pay out £60 for the XBox wireless thingy and what with having to pay £40 to go live gives me the hump with Microsoft as it is.

StellaArtois63 12:36 04 Jan 07

Sorry I should have said I did not want to go wireless as I would have to pay out £60 for the XBox wireless thingy and what with having to pay £40 to go live gives me the hump with Microsoft as it is.

2drewej 23:06 04 Jan 07

you dont need to buy a wireless adapter for your xbox , you just connect the xbox lead to the back of the router - thats it!

StellaArtois63 19:41 08 Jan 07

Thanks for your help, also with a wireless router my son then has the option of using his XBox with out me running a long cable to his room.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…