WXP tries to install already installed updates....

nick_j007 10:43 03 Mar 03

Morning all, I have had automatic updates turned off for a week or so now as it keeps trying to update my PC with these two:

These were successfully downloaded at the end of January according to my records.

So please, any ideas here?

Regards, Nick Jones

Elrond 10:45 03 Mar 03

I've got the very same problem, first I kept getting this update for Messenger 4.2 connectivity update or something. Same one over and over again. In the past 2 days I've been prompted to download the same two updates three times. So I wud love to here any ideas.

nick_j007 10:54 03 Mar 03

Is your PC trying to update with the same two as mine?

Nick

nick_j007 10:54 03 Mar 03

Is your PC trying to update with the same two as mine?

Nick

colberly 10:56 03 Mar 03

I had this problem about a week ago with ME, and following the replies it seems others had a similar one. Luckily it stopped trying to download the same file after about a week and settled down. I think it must have been a case of Microsoft gone berserk.

Lozzy 10:59 03 Mar 03

Both these updates have been amended by MS hence why Win Update wants to re-install. They have new certifcates.

nick_j007 11:04 03 Mar 03

Thankyou for that, but how do I work around this? Should I uninstall them, then reinstall?

Lozzy 11:07 03 Mar 03

No, just let Win Update do the work for you as it will just update the patch as many cannot be removed.

nick_j007 11:11 03 Mar 03

Ok mate, so do you recommend I turn automatic updates back on for future use anyway, do a fresh scan now and see if it will update successfully?
The process seemed to be running in my system tray a lot of the time before turning updates off, and it was slowing my system and reducing bandwidth.

nick_j007 11:31 03 Mar 03

Have just tried to update these two again and it did not allow it!

nick_j007 13:00 03 Mar 03

Any further thoughts on this please people?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch