WXP tries to install already installed updates....

nick_j007 10:43 03 Mar 03

Morning all, I have had automatic updates turned off for a week or so now as it keeps trying to update my PC with these two:

These were successfully downloaded at the end of January according to my records.

So please, any ideas here?

Regards, Nick Jones

Elrond 10:45 03 Mar 03

I've got the very same problem, first I kept getting this update for Messenger 4.2 connectivity update or something. Same one over and over again. In the past 2 days I've been prompted to download the same two updates three times. So I wud love to here any ideas.

nick_j007 10:54 03 Mar 03

Is your PC trying to update with the same two as mine?

Nick

nick_j007 10:54 03 Mar 03

Is your PC trying to update with the same two as mine?

Nick

colberly 10:56 03 Mar 03

I had this problem about a week ago with ME, and following the replies it seems others had a similar one. Luckily it stopped trying to download the same file after about a week and settled down. I think it must have been a case of Microsoft gone berserk.

Lozzy 10:59 03 Mar 03

Both these updates have been amended by MS hence why Win Update wants to re-install. They have new certifcates.

nick_j007 11:04 03 Mar 03

Thankyou for that, but how do I work around this? Should I uninstall them, then reinstall?

Lozzy 11:07 03 Mar 03

No, just let Win Update do the work for you as it will just update the patch as many cannot be removed.

nick_j007 11:11 03 Mar 03

Ok mate, so do you recommend I turn automatic updates back on for future use anyway, do a fresh scan now and see if it will update successfully?
The process seemed to be running in my system tray a lot of the time before turning updates off, and it was slowing my system and reducing bandwidth.

nick_j007 11:31 03 Mar 03

Have just tried to update these two again and it did not allow it!

nick_j007 13:00 03 Mar 03

Any further thoughts on this please people?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…