www.haryfink.netfirms.com

harry_kel 22:37 23 Feb 04

The above title is my personal web site.It has all
my personal info (e.g. postal address, email address, phone #, history, family photos, my poetry book, my publisher's site, Bookcliff-group.com, where if one visits it, one will find samples of my poetry highlighted, and if one wishes to purchase a copy of a CD of my book, they may, etc.).Recetly my care giver (social worker,) stated that it my be unwise to "broadcast" all that "personal info." What do you think?

dazzling (work) 22:49 23 Feb 04

harry i am a nurse as you have a care worker i assume you are not in the best of health or have a disabillity of some kind.i see your social workers point of view if you would be vunerable to the less desirable elements of society it may not be a good idea to give everybody acess to your address and telephone number for your own saftey.if i can work this out they can too.darren

spuds 23:10 23 Feb 04

I have checked out your site, and I find it most interesting, but I would take the advice of your care worker. Having full details of your address and telephone/fax plus certain other personel details is a definate no,no as far as website publication is concerned.This type of information on your website could give a response which you may not seek or want.Let your care worker, family and friends check out your site, and really on their good judgement as to what adjustments are needed.

Sir Radfordin 23:47 23 Feb 04

As far as I can see there is no obvious reason for you to have personal details on your site. I would leave your email address on there as a way for people to contact you. If then for any other reason you feel they need to have your other contact details then you could pass them on only to that person via email. Again be vary careful when doing that.

I know the Americans seem to have a love of the fax machine but email really is a more viable option!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…