Bestselling Author 15:51 19 May 04

My Norton Internet Security keeps advising me that a program called wupdater is trying to access the internet and recommends blocking it. I've not noticed this in the past. I've found the wupdater program in the 'Common Files' section of my harddrive. I imagine that it could be something to do with Windows Automatic Updates - is there anyway I can check? If I right click on the programme and select properties there's no mention of Microsoft anywhere, and if it was the Windows automatic update I would expect there to me. If it isn't to do with windows can I safely block all attempts or should I delte it?

Old Shep 16:08 19 May 04

I think it's spyware what os are you using.

Alexandros 16:08 19 May 04

If you scan your computer with Adaware you will find that wupdater is a nasty little thingy and that it has nothing to do with windows so you should definetely erase it. You could also check your startup programmes because wupdater creates a new process.
Start, execute, Msconfig, Startup programmes.

Old Shep 16:11 19 May 04

Also look at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…