wuaueng.dll rebooting pc??

Serendipity777 14:50 11 Jan 05

Hoping someone on here has an answer to this one as its driving quite a few people insane...

pc will freeze for 5 mins or so then go back to normal or completely reboot mainly when in an online game... appears to be a windows update problem... someone has suggested somewhere else to
'unregistering the dll and keeping the control panel acces intact.'

This is what is showing in the event viewer:

wuauclt (3116) The database engine stopped.
wuaueng.dll (3116) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
wuaueng.dll (3116) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine has successfully completed recovery steps.
wuaueng.dll (3116) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine has begun replaying logfile C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.log.
wuaueng.dll (3116) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine is initiating recovery steps.

Any ideas greatly appreciated :)

iambeavis 15:06 11 Jan 05

All the DLLs belong to the "Windows Automatic Update" facility. You could try disabling it to see if that has any effect.

Serendipity777 17:47 11 Jan 05

Yea for the time being i have (hoping it works), just really trying to find a proper fix of some sort for this problem ... the amount of people suffering with this is unbelievable :/

iambeavis 18:32 11 Jan 05

Have a look at this thread,you may find something although disabling auto-update seems to be the favoured method.
click here

Serendipity777 21:16 11 Jan 05

thanks very much beavis for taking the time ... its appreciated :)

iambeavis 22:04 11 Jan 05

No problem - I just wish I could be of more help to you.

Serendipity777 07:43 17 Jan 05

OK just as a footnote for anyone else that may get this problem, the temproary fix is to stop windows auto update, but you have to stop in services as well not just in the security centre

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac