WTC Survivor Hoax E Mail

bremner 19:50 07 Jun 04

A friend in the US has just informed me that the “WTC Survivor” E mail hoax is doing the rounds again in the US again so it’s bound to crop up here.

A reminder of the contents for those not aware of it.

"During the next several weeks be VERY cautious about opening or launching any e-mails that refer to the World Trade Center or 9/11 in any way, regardless of who sent it. PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. FOR THOSE REALLY DANGEROUS BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL OPEN IT RIGHT AWAY, THINKING ITS A STORY RELATING TO 9/11!
>
>BIGGGG TROUBLE !!!! DO NOT OPEN "WTC Survivor" It is a virus that will erase your whole "C" drive.. It will come to you in the form of an E-Mail from a familiar person. I repeat, a friend sent it to me, but called and warned me before I opened it. He was not so lucky and now he can't even start his computer!
>
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE!"

VoG II 20:02 07 Jun 04

Thanks bremner and Bump!

Just in case you receive the Hungarian version click here

ventanas 21:48 07 Jun 04

Thanks Bremner, I will pass this on at work to-morrow.

sgtdibble 22:30 07 Jun 04

Thanks bremner will pass the word to my nephew

ahales42 22:34 07 Jun 04

just out of interest. my windows is installed on my d drive. would this virus have the same effect?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…