//some 3rd party need geo

WS FTP LE

Martyn23 19:54 06 Dec 05

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can change the default location of the Local System Folder in th LE version. It always opens in the home folder in which the program resides.

It is quite cumbersome and time consuming to then navigate through to My Documents and my local folder for my web page.

click here

Thanks for your help (as ever)

Martyn

ade.h 15:20 07 Dec 05

As I don't know that program, I'll suggest a little Registry edit. Search the registry for references to the above program (you may need to adjust how you enter the name to get the right results) then press F3 to cycle through all the hits. I'm fairly sure that one of them will have the value "My Documents". Change that value to your preference. As with all such changes, backup the registry first (there's a command for that on one of Regedit's menus) and the restore it if your FTP program does not like the change.

ade.h 15:22 07 Dec 05

Sorry, re-read your post and I now see that the FTP prog is picking its own folder; my advice still stands but rather than seeing the value "My Documents" you'll see whatever that program folder is called.

Hope that helps.

phil 07:36 08 Dec 05

When you start WS go to the tabs at the bottom and click on 'Options' then 'Advanced'. Place a tick where it says 'Show WS_FTP sites on startup'.

Close program then restart it and a box should appear called 'Session properties'.

Click on the 'Start up' tab and enter the location of your remote website in the first line and then the location of your local website in the second line.

It should show this box whenever you fire the programme up. You can add in each of your websites in this box and also give them friendly names so that you can quickly choose between them.

Martyn23 19:23 08 Dec 05

Thanks for your help. Under the log on screen for my service provider were the boxes you mention. I have completed the second box (Local, and although when the program opens it starts at the WS FTP folder in Program Files, when I click connect the local folder quickly changes to the folder I selected where my web site resides.

Many Thanks
Martyn

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…