WS File FTP

Publisher 15:44 21 May 04

There used to be a free version of the WS File FTP program, (in fact I think this mag had it on a cover disk at one time!)

I could use a copy, does anybody know where I can get it from?

Please don't link me to the downloads on this site, as it only has a trial of the Pro version.

Thanks,

DRiM

computernerdiamnot 15:51 21 May 04

Try Download.com and search for FTP client they have alist of freeware and shareware. A good program is serv-u at click here its by RhinoSoft a great FTP Server it will give you 30 days of pro but if you dont want to use all the pro thrills it will then become standard for free for up to 5 user accounts.

ventanas 15:52 21 May 04
  TomJerry 15:56 21 May 04

click here, I use Ftp Commander Free version which is excellent, just like Windows Explorer click here

TomJerry 16:03 21 May 04

"My Computer", Click "Tools" "Map Network Drive", Click "Creat a shortcut to a Web Folder or Ftp Site" and follow instruction. Now, a ftp site is just a directory on your PC, you can find it on "My Network Place" or access it thorugh "Explorer" which you can run it from "Run" or Click Explorder.exe under Windows directory.

Publisher 16:08 21 May 04

Thanks for all the help, I will explore some of the options.

It seems the LE version of WS File is only free for people in education, so I will look at the alternatives.

Thanks

DRiM

Publisher 17:10 21 May 04

Just thought I would bring you all up to date and let you know how I got on.

I tried the Rhinosoft ftp but couldn't even get it set up, far too complicated for me.

The microsoft ftp? a nightmare!

ftpCommander - brilliant, set it up and got it working first attempt, so simple and its free!

Thanks

DRiM

Simsy 18:38 21 May 04

"It seems the LE version of WS File is only free for people in education", in fact it seems to be specifically for people in DEGREE level education.

I've recently, (just yesterday) discovered this. I managed to get up and running with ACEftp... farly easy, but I'm not sure I like it. I tried a couple of others and couldn't make head nor tail of what what I was supposed to do, so gave up with them... Ithink I've got to grips with it now... but I'm downloading ftpcommander as we speak, to give that a go.

Thanks... sorry for hijacking...

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 18:38 21 May 04

"It seems the LE version of WS File is only free for people in education", in fact it seems to be specifically for people in DEGREE level education.

I've recently, (just yesterday) discovered this. I managed to get up and running with ACEftp... farly easy, but I'm not sure I like it. I tried a couple of others and couldn't make head nor tail of what what I was supposed to do, so gave up with them... Ithink I've got to grips with it now... but I'm downloading ftpcommander as we speak, to give that a go.

Thanks... sorry for hijacking...

Regards,

Simsy

TomJerry 22:37 22 May 04

ffftp click here, based on ws-ftp, writen by a Japanese guy, totally free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…