Wrong size photo paper

ponytail 10:50 AM 17 Dec 12

I am trying to print some photos on my Brother DCP-J315W Printer.I am using 6 x 4 or 10 x15 size paper,When I right click on the photos to be printed on the right hand side I select 10 x 15.At the top it says paper size and paper type.For paper type I choose other photo paper.When I clickmprint the message on my printer says wrong paper size reload correct paper.Under paper size what should I choose

Ian in Northampton 13:47 PM 17 Dec 12

Ponytail: as well as telling the application what size to print, you may need to 'tell' your printer what kind of paper is loaded. If you're telling your app to print one size, but your printer thinks it's got a different size in, it would likely give you an error message such as you describe.

hastelloy 13:48 PM 17 Dec 12

Are you loading the paper portrait or landscape?

lotvic 19:07 PM 17 Dec 12

Picasa Printing on smaller paper

To print your photos on specific-sized paper in Picasa, make sure your printer is set to use to the correct sized paper.

In Picasa, click the Printer Setup button on the printing preview page.

Depending on your printer drivers, a version of the printer setup menu will appear. Modify the paper size to the width and height of your printer paper and save your changes.

Once you have correctly configured your printer, select the Full Page button on the printing preview page in Picasa.

To have your image take up the entirety of the selected paper size, you may need to click the Crop to Fit button in the Print Layout section. This crops the photo to the selected print dimensions.

woodchip 22:46 PM 17 Dec 12

can you choose print to fit in printer properties

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED