Wrong language selected Scangear CS-U

bogs 17:28 27 Feb 03

After following instructions to install XP software for a Canoscan N670U and selecting English as the language, my Scangear CS-U remains in Spanish. I've tried reinstalling with no success. Any ideas very welcome.

froggg 17:39 27 Feb 03

I had problems with scangear csu and xp pro,downloaded driver from canons site;try that-or learn spanish!

beeuuem 17:42 27 Feb 03

Did you uninstall before re installing? If you have no joy that way contact Canon helpdesk - they are very helpful. In my experience, although you have to pay for the call, they usually answer quickly and do know the product.

Stokey 18:59 27 Feb 03

I had the same problem with my N670U and Win Me. It would not accept any language folder other than Portuguese using the wizard. Canon could not help nor could anyone here at the time. In the end I did it without the wizard and used the time-honoured-approach, ie. I "forced" it in.

It may help to note that I also shouted a few profanities at it during this exercise.

bogs 10:45 28 Feb 03

Many thanks to all. I called Canon who said the problem was (rare?) which is why it is not covered in instructions.Like an idiot didn't make notes but they solved the problem right away. For those in UK call 08705 143723

Stokey 13:12 28 Feb 03

Yes, further to my above post, I didn't phone Canon when I had the problem, solved it myself, but I have on phoned them on a couple of previous occasions with other things (I am a Canon fan, good kit!)and it has to be said -- their helpline people really do know their products inside-out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…