Wrong Icons

sil_ver 23:55 30 Mar 07

Whenever I put a DVD/CD in the icons all show as IE icons. No idea why so open to suggestions tks

bennyhillslovechild 03:45 31 Mar 07

I don't know if this is of any use: click here

bennyhillslovechild 03:54 31 Mar 07

I had a quick nose around.....it seems this can be a problem with some installs of IE7. If none of the above methods work another solution is to

1) unistall IE7 from the Add/Remove Programs control panel. Restart PC

2) Download and run ie-rereg from click here

3) Restart. Check to see if IE6 is leaving your CD's alone icon-wise. If it is, reinstall IE7.

One suggestion was to disable any antivirus/firwall while installing IE7 as it can sometimes cause problems. This is entirely up to you, but if you choose to do this, make sure you are not connected to the internet while you are unprotected, and turn them back on after the install, and before you reconnect.

Hope some of those suggestions sort it out for you.

sil_ver 10:10 31 Mar 07

Tks mate I'll check out your suggestion as soon as I get time

sil_ver 10:35 31 Mar 07

Success.
Here's what I did. Opened the DVD with 'Explore', pressed F5, left the window open and restarted PC, right clicked on Desktop then 'properties' then 'settings' and changed 'colour quality' from 32bit to 16bit and saved it. Opened the DVD again and 'Voila!' all icons back to normal. I then changed the colour quality back to 32bit.
This was following the first 'Click here' suggestion you made and reading M'soft's 'cure'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced