Wrong graph1c card

rustyr 22:14 06 Apr 08

My daughters Graphic card failed and she got a new one a Sapphre Radeon 9250 which wont fit into her motherboard a MSI MS-672,

1. Can anyone recommend a graph card for this motherboard. Using a 19inch flat screen.

2. A motherboard that would take Randon 9250. to update her computer.

Thanks in advance for your ideas

rusty

DieSse 22:31 06 Apr 08

Can you check again the motherboard number please - it isn't listed under that number.

click here is an excellent program for this purpose, and lots more about your PC also.

I suspect it's an older motherboard with an AGP slot, and you bought a PCIe card (but knowing the exact number should confirm that).

Does you new card say it's for PCIe (e = express) on the box?

Totally-braindead 01:21 07 Apr 08

Is this your motherboard? click here

If it is then it has a PCI Express slot and the one you have bought must be AGP.

If it is PCI Express you have I am unsure if you get a 9250 and even if you do its a very poor card. Without knowing what you intend to use it for IE games or whatever or a budget its differcult to recommend something.

To be perfectly honest the 9250 is so old that even the cheapest PCI card would probably out perform it and they start at about the £20 mark though I would go for something slightly dearer maybe £50 depending on use.

rustyr 19:49 07 Apr 08

Thanks for your replies.

Yes it is an old motherboard the number was taken off the motherboard and the graphics slot is AGP.
The new graphic card is a PCI.
So after some phone calls she has decided on a motherboard bundle, which good old dad will do this weekend!

Thanks again for your replies

rusty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…