Wrong Email addreslos-dont seem to be able to find - to correct it

SparkyJack 11:34 AM 01 Feb 12

Using my Web mail account to create and send a missive is fine and my correct address appears in the from section. However if I elect to sent a file from FILE/Send link- option my address comes up completely wrong-. So the task is to locate where that address is and edit or deleie it Any ideas?

Secret-Squirrel 12:36 PM 01 Feb 12

.............."So the task is to locate where that address is"......

That address will be in your default e-mail client (Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird etc). Hopefully you'll know which one it is and then you can go in and edit the properties for the e-mail account in that program.

Ashrich 12:37 PM 01 Feb 12

Probably in whatever email program you have installed as ( usually ) send-to's don't pick up on webmail addresses . Try editing the account in Windows Mail or Outlook Express or whatever you have on your PC .

Ashrich 12:38 PM 01 Feb 12

Cross post with Secret Squirrel !!

SparkyJack 15:50 PM 01 Feb 12

Secret Squirrel & Ashrich

That is the problem - This is a Web mail account

I do not use an E-client all addresses are on the Web server there is no 'onboard' address file

Unless you know otherwise

Woolwell 16:21 PM 01 Feb 12

Assume that when you choose File-Send that you are not using webmail at that time but Windows Explorer or have a list of files open. If so this does not link to webmail (it cannot) but will instead open your default e-mail client and that is where this e-mail address is.

Secret-Squirrel 17:15 PM 01 Feb 12

Sparky, when you click the "File" menu and choose "Send link by e-mail", or indeed click any mailto: link on a website or in an e-mail, it will always open your default e-mail client's new-message window.

That's the way it is and there's nothing you can do to make it work with webmail.

lotvic 17:59 PM 01 Feb 12

Is this the pc with Ubuntu on or is it XP or W7?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11