WritingTextOnTo A PictureIn A Document-HELP Please

Shikaree 22:42 14 Dec 09

Hi Folk,

I have scanned in a picture and have it in a Microsoft Word Document. I would like to write some thing on this picture.

I have Microsoft XP Pro and Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007.

Can any one please Advise how to do this.

Shikaree

Technotiger 23:01 14 Dec 09

Most Paint programs have the ability to add Text to photographs ... this is a very good Free one -

click here

PalaeoBill 23:03 14 Dec 09

Right click on the picture, select 'Text Wrapping', then select 'Behind Text'.

This will put your picture behind any text you type on the page.

Alternatively just insert a text box on top of the picture. Select the 'Insert' tab from the top menu and then click on text box. You can put whatever text you want in the box and then set the background colour of the box to whatever you want.

Word does have a help facility, top right hand corner (blue and white question mark in a circle) and there are also many tutors on-line.

Shikaree 23:18 14 Dec 09

Technotiger - Thanks for the quick reply and for the LINK.

PalaeoBillThanks for your quick reply. I shall try them out. Thanks for the advise.

Good night. Shall let you know tomorrow how I get on

Shikaree

BRYNIT 00:09 15 Dec 09

In MS 2007 you can use a text box to put text over a picture. Click on the inset tab, select text box and go down to drawer text box, this can be positioned anywhere on the picture.

Once you have created your text box you can click on the format tab and remove the background/boarder colours if required.

Graham. 16:25 15 Dec 09

I've downloaded Paint.Net, can you recommend an unzipper? My Winzip has expired.

Technotiger 16:33 15 Dec 09

Hi,

this is the one I use click here

Graham. 16:54 15 Dec 09

Paint.Net installed.

Shikaree 21:07 15 Dec 09

Hi Technotiger - I can't download Paint.Net as my computer is quite old and it told me I have to have a Processor with SSE or SSC something with SS-

Thanks

Hi PalaeoBill - I have used your first Suggestion and have managed to Type on my Picture. I am trying to make a Christmas Flyer in Microsoft Word. I have completed it. I sent it to a friend to try it out and unfortunately he was unable to open the Attachment.

Any ideas please.

Thanks

Hi BRYNIT - I'm yet to try your suggestion. Will let you know.

Thanks.

Technotiger 21:42 15 Dec 09

Mainly just for your information/edification :-)

Although this link is referring to Adobe, the same principles apply .... click here

Graham. 22:37 15 Dec 09

OK, I've got a picture in Paint.Net, I've added a layer (my cats a layer), how on earth do I add text to the picture?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…