the writing type of animated gig ??

Morpheus© 19:08 20 May 03

hi, only way i could i think of putting it..

i have seen animated gifs where a pen or such writes a name, what does one need to make one? or is there a little prog out there where you just fill in a name and away it goes.

thanks

Morpheus© 19:10 20 May 03

GIG = GIF,, Trouble with having no edit. :-(

Forum Editor 19:27 20 May 03

an image/graphics application like Photoshop, and the rest is up to you.

To see how it's done
click here

Pesala 19:46 20 May 03

I have a feeling that Morpheus is not talking about GIF animation at all, but flash animation.

Morpheus© 19:47 20 May 03

thanks FE, i have photoshop, so i will study the link and see how we get on, nice one..

Morpheus© 19:49 20 May 03

whats the difference? thanks

Morpheus© 19:53 20 May 03

there is one at the bottom of this page.

click here

Pesala 20:09 20 May 03

Not a very good one either. I have seen beautiful animations with a pen writing someone's signature. I am sure it was done with Flash Animation (or could it have been Java Script?).

This is the only one I could find to show what flash animation can do: click here

As you can see, hopefully, it is far more sophisticated than GIF animation.

Forum Editor 20:12 20 May 03

is best described as a small digital movie.

Using special software, of which Macromedia Flash is by far the best known, you create an animation frame by frame until you have a complete animated sequence. The creation process can take a very long time, and the results can be stunning, but the file sizes can grow to considerable proportions and take a long time to load. There was a craze for Flash animation on web sites a while back, and almost every new client wanted Flash on the site. Thankfully things have calmed down now, and there's been a welcome return to clear, clean, fast-loading sites. Flash is still very much around, but it's being used with a little more discretion than in the past.

If you want to see an example of Flash design at its absolute best
click here

This site took a great deal of time (and a not insignificant amount of money) to develop, and the clients were delighted. So they should have been - this is how to use Flash technology to real effect.

Morpheus© 20:31 20 May 03

oh dear, when you see that and the one that Pesala posted, one realizes that at the end of the day we know nothing, switch the PC on and off again is about it... :-( all i wanted was a name writing gif or flash animation to use as an avatar. but never mind i will study some more and try to make one..thanks for all the links.

tarkus 21:38 20 May 03

if you go to click here you can order the type of animated signature your talking about.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…