writing small files to CD

GerrieC 19:56 11 Jan 04

I require a cd-r or rw to write files to a cd. The files are all small, varying from 1mb to 20mb. Can I write these files to a CD, presumably using a multisession writer, individually. i.e. one at a time over a period of say a week.

Do not as yet have a writer, so do not have a clue about doing it. Have in mind a MSI 52x52x32 unit, inexpensive for a start.

Help will be very much appreciated.

Jester2K 19:58 11 Jan 04

In answer to your question - Yes you can.

VoG II 20:05 11 Jan 04

Your writer should come with some burning software - the documentation should explain how to do this (varies with the software).

Pesala 20:06 11 Jan 04

1 Mbyte is not too small, but very small files of 1K or so will take a long time to write to CD-RW if you have hundreds of them. I find it is much better to ZIP them first in that case, for example if backing up a website.

CD-RW will be more flexible for your job, as files can be updated and overwritten. One formats the CD-RW using Adaptec Direct CD or Nero InCD. Then one can copy just like using a floppy disk.

GerrieC 20:07 11 Jan 04

Thanks for the response

GerrieC 20:11 11 Jan 04

Thanks to You All. Sorry guys, your replies were faster than I could type.

But your help is very much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…