writing to dvd drive,

trv4n 20:11 14 Jun 08

hello,In jan i put in a dvr-112d dvd writer. It worked ok transferring data to a cdr disc. I now want to txx data to a dvd disc. It keeps telling me different errors. E.g-1:the disc in disc drive is full or not writeable. Also, since then,when you switch on the Pc a black screen comes on with info and at the bottom it says 'searching for boot record from cd rom'.( i've ignored this cos it was not affecting the use of the pc) I have tried swapping the plastic cap on the back of the dvd drive from slave to master and now took it off and still no change. As far as know I have up to date driver info downloaded. The cap on the hard drive is on the very right which i think is the master.hopes this makes sense. thank you for help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:54 14 Jun 08

What software are you using to write to the DVD?

XP will not write to DVD you will need third party sofware such as Nero.

trv4n 20:58 14 Jun 08

hello,thank you,I am just downloading something called - infra recorder.

Terry Brown 21:12 14 Jun 08

I find Magic iso a good program
click here
Terry

trv4n 21:23 14 Jun 08

thank you. It may have worked what i downloaded.... not sure yet. will have to try it tomorrow hopefully. Ran out of time for tonight.I will try if the ;other; does not work magic.thank you for the tip as i did not know it needed extra stuff to work. I will find out soon I hope.thank you again, bye for now

woodchip 21:29 14 Jun 08

You cannot change jumper on drive just as you like it as to be set to work with other drives on the system

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac